10 fruits and vegetable to eat for a healthy and glowing skin
Skin problems are becoming more rampant because of things such as growing pollution levels, exposure to harmful chemicals, stress and improper diet. We get to see a lot of products in cosmetics and beauty shops that pledges to give your skin that youthful glow but it is important to note that proper absorption of nutrients from fruits and vegetables works wonders in giving your skin that glow you yearn for. Working your way to achieving that beautiful skin doesn’t depend alone on the home-made remedies you apply externally on your skin, you also need to balance it up by eating fruits and vegetables. We all desire to remain young forever, but that isn’t achievable. However, there are healthy eating habits we can cultivate to prolong the aging process and keep your skin looking young, supple, radiant and with a perpetual glow thereby taking 5-10years off your actual age. Listed below are fruits and vegetables that would give your skin that desired glow.
- Banana-Banana contains vitamins A,B & E which acts as anti-aging agents and aids in promoting glowing skin. Banana is also rich in potassium and moisture which helps in hydrating and moisturizing dry skin making it soft and supple. Banana should be eaten on daily basis in between meals.
- Apple-Apple is a wonderful fruit that contains skin friendly nutrients such as copper and vitamin C. Apple helps in balancing the skin’s PH levels and to rid the skin’s pore of pathogens and oil. Eat one apple everyday to brighten, soothe and lighten your skin. Apples also help in keeping your skin firm and to give it that inner glow thereby preventing premature aging.
- Orange-Orange is a good source of vitamin C and is best known for its astringent and toning properties. Eating oranges daily would help in slowing down the aging process by restoring collagen in the body which is responsible for firming and for preventing early aging of the skin. It also gets rid of blemishes and helps to improve the texture of the skin.
- Lemon-Lemon is rich in vitamin C and citric acid which helps to brighten your skin. Lemon contains antioxidant for boosting collagen production and for neutralizing free radicals. A glass or warm water mixed with a dash of lemon juice and 1teaspoon of honey should be taken every morning.
- Pineapple-Fresh pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C and bromelain that aids in digesting food by breaking down protein. Regular consumption of pineapple helps the body to develop resistance against infectious diseases by boosting immunity and getting rid of harmful free radicals from the body.
- Papaya-Papaya helps to prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging because it contains Vitamins C,E and antioxidants like beta-carotene which helps prevent the skin from free radical damage.
- Carrot-Carrot has a lot of health benefits attached to it. One of the major benefits of carrot is attributed to its beta carotene and fiber content. Carrot is rich in vitamins A, C, K and B8. Also it contains folate, potassium, iron, manganese and copper. Carrots have the ability to improve the appearance of your skin by reducing the signs of premature aging. It also helps to improve vision and to detoxify the body.
- Spinach-Spinach is rich in beta carotene which allows for proper moisture retention in the skin and helps
prevent wrinkles. It contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to flush out toxins from the body making your skin very clear with a glow. When eaten, the beta carotene converts into vitamin A which is a powerful anti-aging nutrient.
3. Tomatoes-Tomatoes contain high antioxidant content called lycopene which helps to protect the skin against harmful ultraviolet rays. The acidic nature of tomatoes prevents the formation of pimples on the face and helps to tighten pores.
- Lettuce– Lettuce is rich in vitamin A which helps in revitalizing your skin by increasing the cell power. It is also rich in vitamins C and E which helps in protecting your skin from ultraviolet rays of the sun and reduces the risks of muscular degeneration. Eating lettuce also aids in giving you sound sleep which provides good benefits for your skin, it is rich in potassium and assists in improving oxygen circulation thereby making your skin healthy with a glow.